« A Compassionate Development | Main | Hang Ten »

Toy Requires Tongue Amputation

If your dog plays with a pimple ball with bell (pictured here) manufactured by Four Paws Inc., please remove it immediately. Then read what happened to 10-year-old Lab mix Chai, whose tongue had to be amputated after playing with the ball.

When Chai's owner first brought this to Four Paws' attention two months ago to demand a public recall of this product, he was ignored. Then he was told that all of his correspondence had been forwarded to its insurance company! Four Paws did not publicly acknowledge the defective toy and recall it until August 27, 2008. The long-time dog toy manufacturer claimed that this had never happened before.

Daniel planned to accept a financial settlement from Four Paws to cover Chai's vet bills and rehab until he learned that a 5-year-old Lab mix named Cole died from his horrific tongue injuries sustained by the ball back in 2005. Four Paws was aware of this and did NOTHING. Who knows how many other dogs suffered or died over the past THREE YEARS due to this company's negligence and greed?

Julia Kamysz Lane

August 29, 2008 in Current Affairs, Health, Humane, Legislation, media, product review, Recreation, Weblogs | Permalink


TrackBack URL for this entry:

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Toy Requires Tongue Amputation:


This is very horrible! The company must think first if the toy product that they are going to sell is safe to play with. The dog must be having a hard time eating without a tongue. How will the dog eat without tasting the food? Well, we must admire the owner of Chai because he was there when Chai needed him most.

Posted by: Payday Loan Advocate | Sep 12, 2008 9:42:47 PM

I heard about this, this is tragic! its great that you have featured this on your blog, the more the word gets out the better!

Posted by: sabrina | Sep 11, 2008 8:47:23 PM

That was a very informative post. Four Paws sound like a pretty greedy company to me. It is unfortunate those dogs had to suffer the way they did. Whether you are selling small dog beds, or dog toys, you had better make sure that they are safe. The worst part is that they initially did nothing about it!

Posted by: Galen | Sep 11, 2008 8:00:41 PM

I LOVE your magazine and wonder if you would mind if I linked you to my blog and site?

Posted by: Bernie Berlin | Sep 2, 2008 11:16:45 AM

The comments to this entry are closed.